|Health & Safety Policy
|Aim of policy|
It is Chapeau Events intention to meet its obligations under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974; which requires every employer, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all its employees, and to conduct its undertaking so that persons not in their employment are not exposed to risks to their health and safety. Chapeau Events will meet these responsibilities in a way that fulfills both the spirit and the letter of the law.
This Health and Safety Policy describes how Chapeau Events manages the risks to the health and safety of its employees, contractors and others affected by the way it conducts its business activities. This includes the health and safety objectives, how health and safety risks are managed and the health and safety organisational structure and responsibilities.
Chapeau Events believes that a positive health and safety culture characterised by both collective and personal ownership of health and safety matters in the workplace, supported by practical health and safety policies and commitment from the Directors, will achieve high health and safety standards.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
Chapeau Events, as an employer, accepts responsibility for health and safety within the organisation and is committed to ensuring that these responsibilities are discharged throughout all parts of the organisation. The Directors acknowledges that successful health and safety management is achieved through a number of linked components:
- Health and Safety is a core management function and will be given adequate time and resources to implement both policy and arrangements successfully.
- The policy and arrangements must have proactive and dynamic review in order to ensure continued success and relevance to the organisations operations.
- Employees and Contractors are instrumental to the success of the health and safety system and should be both competent in health and safety relevant to their works and proactively engaged in all aspects of health and safety in order to create ownership within all employees.
- Chapeau Events is committed to achieving a measurable, progressive improvement in health and safety performance and we will work on the principle that accidents, ill health and near-miss events can be prevented and actively promote high standards by embedding a safety culture within our business that encourages everyone to work in a safe and healthy way.
In addition to the above legislative commitments, Chapeau Events also has golden principles of safety management:
- Everyone has the right to a safe and health workplace.
- Everyone has the right to be listened to and influence their workplace.
- Everyone should work safely not because they have to but because they want to.
- We do not blame people when things go wrong, we help them succeed to a better performance.
- All accidents and incidents are preventable.
- All accidents and incidents will be investigated.
- The visible and active leadership of Directors is necessary to develop and maintain a positive health and safety culture.
- The best way to protect our employees, visitors and others is to actively involve our employees to talk, discuss and make decisions together.
- All our employees and contractors have a right to stop work if they consider they are in imminent danger.
- Health and safety is not a ‘bolt on extra’ and is beneficial to business performance.
The Team acknowledges that successful health and safety management is achieved through a number of linked components. This Health and Safety policy statement will be displayed in a prominent position for the benefit of all staff and customers.
Responsibility for Implementing Health and Safety
Chapeau Events accepts the importance of clearly defined management responsibilities to implement the Health and Safety Policy & Procedures and to ensure clear accountability to achieve its health and safety objectives.
The Directors are ultimately responsible for:
- All matters of health and safety across the organisation.
- Ensuring that adequate arrangements are in place for the implementation, maintenance, monitoring and revision of procedures.
- Ensuring that health and safety performance is regarded as an integral function of management.
- Ensuring adequate resources are made available to achieve health and safety standards that are suitable, sufficient and legally compliant.
- Nominating a Director to champion health and safety.
- Ensuring that any decisions made reflect health and safety considerations as a key business risk.
- Approve health and safety policies and arrangements ensuring the implementation of the health and safety policy & procedures
- Ensure the effective planning, delivery, monitoring and review of health and safety.
- Ensuring effective communications and worker involvement exist for health and safety
In addition to the above the Directors of Chapeau Events will:
- Consider health and safety performance when making consultants and contractor appointments.
Employees & Contractors
Employees & Contractors (including any volunteers) will:
Ensure the implementation of the health and safety policy and procedures in their day-to-day operations. This will be demonstrated by:
- Ensuring the implementation of the health and safety policy and health and safety manual in their day-to-day operations.
- Ensuring suitable and sufficient risk assessments are undertaken and all employees, contractors and participants are informed of the outcomes, e.g. risks and risk control measures.
- Ensuring employees, contractors and visitors are aware of safety procedures and their responsibilities in their area of control.
- Establishing that all equipment, plant and substances are suitable for the task and maintained.
- Providing adequate training, information, instruction and supervision;
- Ensuring that all accidents and near misses are recorded and fully investigated to prevent reoccurrence of similar events.
- Supporting effective worker involvement above your legal duty to consultation to improve health and safety performance.
- Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who could be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Complying with the Chapeau Events Health and Safety Policy and the Health and Safety procedures.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfering with, nor misusing, any equipment provided for the protection of their health and safety.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of accidents and incidents.
- Ensuring that that working practices are reviewed following accidents and incidents and initiating appropriate management actions.
The Terms and Conditions detailed for each event apply to all entrants participating in Chapeau Events’ events. Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by each participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant. The terms and conditions must be followed at all times. Chapeau Events will ensure route risk assessments are undertaken and these will be communicated to all participants
All event participants must complete Chapeau Events Medical Questionnaire as fully as possible. The information provided must be as accurate as possible, event staff will ensure that all required measures are taken for the safety and wellbeing of participants. Chapeau Events do reserve the right to decline participants on medical grounds or request a letter from the participant’s doctor.
Legislation and Regulation Standards
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Delivery and Monitoring
The Policy is managed by the Directors who are responsible for ensuring that staff are aware of and comply with this policy.
The policy will be reviewed at least annually unless legislative or regulatory changes require it to be reviewed earlier before this date.
Related Policies and Procedures
Chapeau Events Health and Safety policy & procedures
Chapeau Events Risk Assessment procedure
Chapeau Events Work Place procedure
Chapeau Events Accident & Incident procedure
Chapeau Events Participant Terms and Conditions